Why should you use Plant growth regulators?
Plant growth regulators (PGRs) are substances that are used to regulate plant growth in ways like boosting branching, limiting shoot growth, increasing flower formation, and altering fruit maturity. The efficacy of PGRs can be affected by the amount of chemical absorbed by the plant, tree vigour and age, dose, timing, cultivar, and weather conditions before, during, and after application.
Types of plant growth regulators
Auxins, gibberellins and inhibitors of gibberellin production, cytokinins, abscisic acid, and ethylene are the five types of plant growth regulators.
- Auxin- Auxins are plant hormones that can be found naturally or synthesized artificially. They play a crucial function in plant growth regulation. They are used in flower and fruit formation, facilitate movement towards the sun and the ground, apical dominance and development of adventitious roots.
- Gibberellins- Gibberellins are plant growth regulators that influence a variety of developmental processes such as stem elongation, flowering, enzyme induction, cell division and elongation, breaking seed dormancy, and speeding germination, among others.
- Cytokinins- Cytokinins are the only hormones present in both animals and plants. They help in cell division, shoot initiation and growth, leaf senescence, apical dominance, sink/source interactions, nutrient uptake, phyllotaxis, vascular, gametophyte, and embryonic development.
- Ethylene- Ethylene is the only gaseous hormone present in plants that cause leaves to hang and drop, promotes senescence, and is commonly used for the early ripening of fruits and increasing flowering.
- Abscisic acid- Abscisic acid is one of the most important that regulates plant responses to a variety of environmental stressors and has significant effects on pathogen defence. At high concentrations, it produces dormancy and stops seeds from germinating; it causes abscission of leaves, fruits, and flowers; and it causes stomata to close.
Benefits of using a plant growth regulator
Plant growth regulators help save money and increase productivity whenever applied to a plant. PGRs can cut down on water and nutrient usage, as well as labour and plant spacing. PGRs also aid in the production of a more consistent crop resulting in maximum productivity.
products like plant growth regulators are among the most valuable commodities and raw materials used to help the growth and production of plants in the field. Public concern about crop product safety and quality has risen dramatically, requiring regulatory authorities and other stakeholders to adopt strong safety evaluation and control measures. The PGRs manufactured at Soulchem Lifescience Pvt Ltd are thoroughly evaluated in the laboratory to ensure that they fulfil compositional criteria, are authentic, are free of adulteration, and meet regulatory limits for residues and pollutants. They help increase the yield because of the presence of hormones that stimulate growth in plants.