How do you utilise probiotics?
Fermentation is a chemical process done by bacteria, yeast or other microorganisms which changes organic substances into simpler substances. Fermentation methods have been utilized to make nutritious food products for thousands of years. The use of food cultures to preserve or change the texture, colour, or flavour attributes of a product is known as food fermentation. Making cheese and curd is one of the most common examples of fermentation known to humans for many years. However with the advancement in technology certain artificial fermentation techniques are also discovered which help ferment food faster.
Probiotics are typically characterized as microbial food supplements that provide consumers with health benefits. The majority of probiotics are lactic acid-producing bacteria and are typically ingested in the form of yoghurt, fermented milk, or other fermented foods. Some of the benefits of lactic acid bacteria consumption include-; improving intestinal tract health; boosting the immune system, synthesizing and increasing nutrient bioavailability; reducing symptoms of lactose intolerance and allergy in susceptible individuals, and lowering the risk of certain cancers.
Probiotics can include a wide range of microorganisms. Bacteria from the Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium genera are the most frequent. Other bacteria, as well as yeasts like Saccharomyces boulardii, can be utilized as probiotics.
Benefits of probiotics
- Aid in the maintenance of a healthy microbiome in your body, or aid in the restoration of a healthy microbiome once it has been disturbed.
- Produce compounds with desired outcomes.
- Influence your immune system's response.
- Assist your body in the digestion of food.
- Prevent harmful bacteria from taking over and making you sick.
- Support the cells that line your stomach to keep dangerous bacteria out of your bloodstream that you may have absorbed (via food or drinks).
- Medication breakdown and absorption
Clinical benefits of probiotics in humans.
Probiotics have the following clinical benefits-;
- Probiotics prevent antibiotic-associated diarrhoea
- Prevent necrotizing enterocolitis and sepsis in premature infants
- Treat infant colic
- Treat periodontal disease
- Induce or maintain remission in ulcerative colitis
Probiotics are live beneficial bacteria and/or yeasts that are found naturally in your body. They assist to keep your body healthy and functioning properly. These beneficial bacteria can be used in a variety of ways, including defence against bacteria.
Soulchem Lifescience Pvt Ltd manufactures probiotics which are good for gut health. We ensure that the product is manufactured under the guidance of professionals specialising in the process for years which makes us keep the integrity and nutritive value of the fermenting agent intact during the process.